This position will be responsible for primarily supporting the organization but will also be responsible for supporting Research and Development as needed. This individual will need to be able to develop and execute category strategies, drive complex negotiations, manage supplier relationships and support key stakeholders to improve service levels and reduce total costs.
- Execute sourcing strategies that extract maximum value from the current and potential supplier base. Strategies are continuously challenged and refined.
- Develop relationship with key senior management across all areas of support. It is expected this individual will meet with stakeholders on a regular basis to ensure alignment on goals and strategy execution.
- Understanding key market trends. This individual will ideally have experience working with major global suppliers like Aliexpress and Alibaba.
- Leverage past experience with suppliers to bring innovative solutions to the company.
- Lead supplier selection process and negotiate complex, global contracts. Develop actionable recommendations based on a clear definition and articulation of options and tradeoffs; develops action plans that anticipate implementation problems and leverages internal and supplier capabilities while building full commitment throughout the process.
- Work with Senior Management and key stakeholders to establish annual goals and long range plans from a professional and business perspective.
- Monitor category and/or supplier spending, both in aggregate and via patterns/cycles, and continuously evaluate options to reduce total cost of ownership. In depth understanding of suppliers capabilities, capacity and overall financial stability.
- Continuously evaluate and assess supplier performance reports consistent with agreed to requirements to insure consistency with quality, service and delivery targets.
- Stimulate and support product innovation; develop market intelligence and benchmarking; act as subject matter expert in commodity and supplier market dynamics; proactively identify new markets and supplier sources.
- Develop and manage working relationships with both internal company functions and suppliers to manage resolution of supplier issues.
- Drive implementation of the company's Supplier Quality Standard and develop strong, ethical relationships with world-class suppliers consistent with the company's Shared Values and Business Practice Standard for Suppliers.
- Manages analysis of complex problems related to suppliers and continuity of supply requiring in-depth analysis of supplier management principles.
- Utilizes a network of benchmarking peers to drive for Best Demonstrated Practices
- Minimum of 3 years overall business and/or purchasing/procurement experience
- Ability to think strategically and globally
- Experience presenting to and working with senior management required
- Excellent project management, facilitation, interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Financial acumen; high degree of ethics
- Ability to build strategic supplier and stakeholder relationships
- Ability to work effectively in a matrix environment